Re: PGSQL ERROR: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge Godoy
Subject Re: PGSQL ERROR: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
Date
List pgsql-general
Em Monday 04 February 2008 08:42:16 pobox@verysmall.org escreveu:
> I have a PostgreSQL 8.2.6 on FreeBSD 6.3 (but the described behavior
> appears during several earlier minor versions as well) - which powers a
> php based web application. What I experience is the message (below)
> which appears during the first 5-7 clicks after the database has been
> cleanly imported (dropped and imported) -
>
> PGSQL ERROR: FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command
>     This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>     before or while processing the request.
>
> The message does not appear on every click. It can appear on the 1st,
> then not on the 2nd, then on the 3rd and so on. After few more clicks
> everything goes well until the next import.
>
> I could not find anything meaningful in the logs...
>
> Has somebody else experienced anything similar?

Have you checked your code and seen what is really happening on these clicks?
I had some cases where looking for unexisting information or trying to
operate on unexisting data crashed the specific process of the backend that
was serving my application.

Enable query logging and see what is happening.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>