Re: Good F/OSS license summary - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Good F/OSS license summary
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 11:17:19AM -0800, Reece Hart wrote:

> Does anyone know of an authoritative, complete, and current license
> comparison? After a lot of trolling, I've been able to satisfy one or
> two of those criteria, but not all.

The FSF has maintained a list of many licenses for years.  It's at
<http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/>.

Certified Open Source Initiative licenses are listed at
<http://opensource.org/licenses>.

I think those are the two main resources for this topic.

> It's disappointing that we as a community have yet to converge on just a
> few licenses that differ only by the few characteristics that *really*
> matter (e.g., virality, commercializability, code

Your problem in the above is that your definitions of "community" and
"really matter" may not be congruent with others'.