Good F/OSS license summary - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reece Hart
Subject Good F/OSS license summary
Date
Re: Good F/OSS license summary
Re: Good F/OSS license summary
List pgsql-general
Folks-

A recent thread ( http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-01/msg01595.php ) suggests that there's a lot of interest and knowledge about F/OSS licenses on this list. So...

Does anyone know of an authoritative, complete, and current license comparison? After a lot of trolling, I've been able to satisfy one or two of those criteria, but not all.

-*-mode:opinion-*-
It's disappointing that we as a community have yet to converge on just a few licenses that differ only by the few characteristics that *really* matter (e.g., virality, commercializability, code reciprocation/share-alike, etc). The glut of license options and license compatibility issues create enormous confusion and even some unfortunate internecine FUD -- never mind the real uncertainty caused by the lack of case law in this area. I long for a Creative Commons-like family of licenses for code.

Thanks,
Reece

--
Reece Hart, http://harts.net/reece/, GPG:0x25EC91A0