Re: PostgreSQL Certification - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On January 30, 2008 08:03:14 pm Dan Langille wrote:
> You may know that I'm part of the BSD Certification Group.  Proper
> certification is not a trivial project.  I joined up.

Dan's right, the certification process is equal to the effort expended
administrating the PostgreSQL community. Whomever becomes the lead on this
must realize that this is potentially a full time job. As well, although SRA
is the best example we have currently of PostgreSQL 'testing/certification'
it is not the model that we should be looking at for an opensource
implementation. You want to contact Dru for advice, otherwise it will take
you two years just to get you up to speed (this is not an exaggeration) on
the issues.

Robert