Re: [GENERAL] Errors with run_build.pl - 8.3RC2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Errors with run_build.pl - 8.3RC2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 11:52:08AM +0000, cinu wrote:
> Even though these errors are existing, at the end the
> latest version is getting  downloaded and when I do a
> regression testing it goes through. Can anyone give me

Regression tests have to test error handling too, so some errors might
exactly be what you should see.

> ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint
> "test_pkey"
> STATEMENT:  insert into test ( i  , j  ) values ( 7 ,
> 12 )
> ERROR:  more than one row returned by a subquery used
> as an expression
> STATEMENT:  select  i  from test where j = ( select  j
>  from test    )
> LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
> ERROR:  relation "nonexistant" does not exist
> STATEMENT:  select  *  from nonexistant

These errors are supposed to be there. Comments in the code even tell
you why.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!