Having elements of an int[]-array reference other tables - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Andreas Joseph Krogh
Subject Having elements of an int[]-array reference other tables
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi.
Is it possible in PG to have elements in an int[]-array reference another
int-column in another table? What I want is it to behave as a foreign key.

create table master(
my_id integer primary key
);

create table test(
id serial primary key,
id_array integer[] references master(my_id)
);

It would be nice if one could have elements in test.id_array to reference
elements in master.my_id, with all the benefits of ON DELETE | UPDATE etc.

I know I can accomplish this with triggers, but if there exists something
built-in I'd like to know.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@officenet.no>
Senior Software Developer / Manager