Re: PostgreSQL documentation search engine for Firefox - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL documentation search engine for Firefox
Date
List pgsql-www
Stefan Kaltenbrunner escribió:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Gabriele Bartolini escribió:
>>
>>>   One thing. My friend Marco Nenciarini sent me this message regarding
>>> the search engine: he searched for 'pg_shadow' and this link came up as a
>>> recommendation, but it is broken:
>>>
>>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/catalog-pg-shadow.html
>>
>> Wow -- why is it recommended?  pg_shadow stopped existing on 8.1, so
>> it's almost three releases out of date.  Is the search engine using the
>
> no I don't think so iirc the "recommended" stuff is actually coming from
> the docbot search database (ie the database of the irc bot). The websearch
> should be fully up2date but I'm not sure when the docbot database was last
> synced ...

Hmm, so somebody manually inserted items from the doc index into
docbot's database?  Hmm.  I do note that items are added as the
development version of the docs is updated, for example my recent
addition of "protocol" is already in.