Re: [Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL RPM Yum repository is available] - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL RPM Yum repository is available]
Date
List pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Now, I'm not 100% certain what happens if someone *re-injected* the message,
> but suspect it would end up with a new message id .. which *could* explain what
> happened (if we had headers to check) ... there are multiple moderators for the
> list, so if someone re-injected the message a few times, th emoderators could
> have re-approved each one without realizing they were doing it ...

Note that when a duplicated message is sent to a moderator, the
moderation notice says so -- "Partial duplicate checksum" or something
like that.  I have noticed a couple of idiotic mail systems reinjecting
old mail that way.