Re: Timestamp output - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Timestamp output
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Hmmm...it seems to me that an easier way is to edit the pg_dump from the
> previous version to add (0) in everywhere.

Well, sure, if you haven't loaded your dump yet.

Note, however, that this does *not* provide a closer approximation to
the behavior of older versions than 7.2 does by default.  Older versions
do support fractional-second timestamps, though only to a couple of
digits IIRC.

The main thing that would be useful to avoid breaking client code that
can't handle fractional-second timestamps is to replace calls to
now() and current_timestamp with current_timestamp(0).
        regards, tom lane