Re: viewing source code - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: viewing source code
Date
List pgsql-performance
Joshua D. Drake escribió:

> I don't know that it needs to be that extensive. I noted elsewhere in
> the thread the idea of a plpgsql_s. I think that is an interesting
> idea. I just don't think it needs to be incorporated into
> postgresql-core.

I don't think that makes any kind of sense.  Hiding prosrc should happen
on a entirely different level from the language on which the function is
written.  It's a completely orthogonal decision.  Besides, you probably
don't want prosrc to be encrypted -- just not accesible to everyone, and
it doesn't make sense to have a different _language_ to do that.

Also, having an encrypted source code means there must be a decryption
key somewhere, which is a pain on itself.  And if you expose the crypted
prosrc, you are exposing to brute force attacks (to which you are not if
prosrc is hidden).