Re: rewrite pl/pgsql functions to c - remote job - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: rewrite pl/pgsql functions to c - remote job
Date
List pgsql-general
* Marek Lewczuk (newsy@lewczuk.com) wrote:
> I'm looking for a C developer that is able to rewrite pl/pgsql functions to
> PostgreSQL c functions - because we need better performance we would like
> to have all important functions rewritten to c (looking from pl/pgsql point
> of view they are not complicated, so I thing that an C export should do it
> in a moment). If any of you have time and want to earn some money, please
> write me an email.

As mentioned in another post- you may or may not get the performance
increase you're looking for by moving the functions to C.  Can you post
the pl/pgsql functions somewhere and/or describe what in them is being
slow?  It'd go a long way towards figuring out if C would actually help
all that much or not.

    Stephen

Attachment