Re: archive_command failures report confusing exit status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: archive_command failures report confusing exit status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> I prefer archive_command = ... for the errdetail though. The commands
> can be quite long so the extra words don't really add anything, plus
> they require translation.

I did like this suggestion, but then I noticed, we don't actually report the
setting of the archive_command setting but the actual command that was
executed, with the placeholders filled out.  So I think the way I posted it
is more correct.

--
Peter Eisentraut