Re: archive_command failures report confusing exit status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: archive_command failures report confusing exit status
Date
Re: archive_command failures report confusing exit status  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> I figured it would make sense if pgarch.c used the same mechanism that
> postmaster.c uses to report the various variants of regular and signal
> exits.

Hmm.  Getting rid of the "(PID 0)" is going to be a mess enough for
translations that I think it is worth pgarch.c having its own routine
for this.  Furthermore I think the detailed archive command should be
reported in an errdetail() field, which makes it even farther off.

(Hmm, there is nearly duplicate code in pclose_check already).

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
"Nunca confiaré en un traidor.  Ni siquiera si el traidor lo he creado yo"