Re: Recommendations for a datasync scenario ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge Godoy
Subject Re: Recommendations for a datasync scenario ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Em Friday 30 November 2007 05:02:25 Aarni Ruuhimäki escreveu:

> I followed the recent thread about 'replication in Postgres' but still any
> info on experience of similar circumstances and pointers / comments /
> recommendations are more than welcome.

You problem is not one where replication would help so much.  You can design
your solution so that you *always* feed a local database and this local
database syncs, from time to time, with a central database.

What to use for syncs?  Some script you can write easily.

All entries should have the location as part of their PK, so that there are no
clashes and you don't need to rely on sequences and the correct value being
used everywhere.

It is the same kind of problem that we have on supermarkets and POSs: the POS
has to sell even if the connection with the server is down.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>