Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From David Fetter
Subject Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth
Date
Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth
Re: FOSDEM 2008 - Devroom and booth
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:26:59AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > I've never tried. The ISO is almost 700mb in size. Is pgfoundry
> > the right place for something this large?
>
> No, 'cause pgfoundry uses HTTP upload.  We'd need to have some other
> way to upload & download the files.  Marc?

The standard way to distribute large files is Bittorrent, and I
believe Magnus knows the most about this :)

However, wouldn't there be some fairly short script which would let
someone construct their own LiveCD?

While on the subject of LiveCDs--CDs and DVDs in general, come to
think of it--I've noticed that the vast majority of people at trade
shows stuff such things into their goodie bag and then throw them out
unopened.

Am I the only one who sees this behavior?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!