Re: Recheck condition - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Recheck condition
Date
List pgsql-general
Josh Harrison escribió:

> Thanks...
> I have 1 more question in the same line...
>
> *Query1*
> SELECT person_id  FROM person   WHERE (column1=1 AND column2='62')
> INTERSECT
> SELECT person_id  FROM person  WHERE (column1=1 AND column2='189')

Hmm, I think INTERSECT (and EXCEPT) is pretty stupid in Postgres in
general.  Maybe INTERSECT ALL could be a bit faster, because it can
avoid the sort steps.  Make sure you eliminate duplicates if they are a
concern.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34J
"[PostgreSQL] is a great group; in my opinion it is THE best open source