Re: hibernate + postgresql ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Luca Ferrari
Subject Re: hibernate + postgresql ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 29 November 2007 Joshua D. Drake's cat, walking on the keyboard,
wrote:
> If you are not lazy you can push outside the standard hibernate methods
> and produce very usable code but then you have to wonder why you have
> hibernate there at all.

What do you mean with this? I think ORM could save developers' time especially
when there are a lot of relationships among objects, that should be manually
mapped thru SQL statements. Now what do you mean with "push outside hibernate
methods"? You write the each SQL statement or simply skip some Hibernate
facilities?

Thanks,
Luca