Re: String encoding during connection "handshake" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: String encoding during connection "handshake"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
sulfinu@gmail.com escribió:
> Martijn,
>
> :) don't take it personal, I am just trying to obtain confirmation that I
> understood well the problem. Afterall, it's just that C has a very outdated
> notion of "char"s (and no notion of Unicode). I was naively under the
> impression that "char"s have evolved in nowadays C.

This is not the language's fault in any way.  We support plenty of
encodings beyond UTF-8.

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"La grandeza es una experiencia transitoria.  Nunca es consistente.