Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 11:57:35AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Can we do something like this to report the Win32 error code so that the
> > user has a higher chance of figuring out what's going on?
>
> The Windows API provides a way to get the error message associated
> with the code. It seems it would be more user-friendly if the message
> was displayed (just as for unix) rather than the code.

Yeah, I looked into that (it's FormatMessage) but it's sufficiently hard
to use that I refrained.  All the more when I can't actually compile
that code.

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"Nunca se desea ardientemente lo que solo se desea por razón" (F. Alexandre)