Re: autovacuum process blocks without reporting a deadlock - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: autovacuum process blocks without reporting a deadlock
Date
List pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Thomas Chille wrote:
> > On Nov 27, 2007 3:14 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> > hat are the column headings?  I find this difficult to read.
> > >
> > > Please post the whole of pg_locks.  I may be missing something but I
> > > think we're missing part of the picture here.  Autovacuum does not seem
> > > to be locking on anything.
> >
> > Unfortunately i logged the pg_locks-state not well formated. i added
> > now the heading manually. maybe it is better or i have to wait till
> > tomorrow morning.
> >
> > but what i think i can see, is that the process with pid 9317 is
> > holding a ShareUpdateExclusiveLock
>
> You missed that 9317 is also holding an ExclusiveLock.

Sorry, I misread it.  My analysis is bogus :-)  I suggest you upgrade
anyway because there are nasty bugs in the version you are using.

I assume 77862554, 77862552 and 77862553 are indexes on the 75686189
table?

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"La experiencia nos dice que el hombre peló millones de veces las patatas,