Re: LIBPQ: Can we have buffered PGresult (i.e. a retreival by chuncks?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: LIBPQ: Can we have buffered PGresult (i.e. a retreival by chuncks?)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 05:51:20AM -0600, Abraham, Danny wrote:
> I am referring to client side computing - no SQL changes can be applied.
>
> Is there a LIBPQ dll extension that supports sliding windows like
> management
> Of the *PGresult array?

Sliding windows I don't know. It is possible to stream the results by
setting the socket in non-blocking mode, but if you want windows you
can use server-side cursors, or use a client side that handles this (I
think JDBC can do it, but there are others....)

Have a nice day,
> Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
>  -- John F Kennedy

Attachment