Re: manipulating HeapTuples in a libpq client - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: manipulating HeapTuples in a libpq client
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 04:51:53PM -0800, Eric Davies wrote:
> I've got a server function that returns a set of HeapTuples. The
> server function is invoked in a query sent by a libpq client.However,
> I haven't spotted a way to decompose the HeapTuple returned to the
> client. Attempts to call GetAttributeByNum on the client result in the
> linker complaining about an undefined reference.

I'm not entirely sure if this is even supposed to work. Certainly prior
to the transmission to the client the tuple will be converted to text,
so you'll have to parse the result. The question for me is why are you
returning heaptuples and not just a resultset which you can access via
the normal functions.

There are no client side functions to deal with heaptuples.

Have a nice day,
> Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
>  -- John F Kennedy

Attachment