Re: strange bison, cannot remove reduce - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: strange bison, cannot remove reduce
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I am playing with methods. It's +/- function with first hidden arguments.
>
> example: sin(10)  ~ (10).sin() is equivalent.
> legal is substring('aaaa',1,3).upper() too etc
>
> I spent some time with bison (without success).

I don't think you can actually resolve this in the parser.  For example

a.b(x)

could be, call function b(x) in schema a, or call function b(a, x).

You need to resolve this later, with catalog access, it appears.

--
Peter Eisentraut