Re: PostgreSQL is not behaving consistently across platforms - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL is not behaving consistently across platforms
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruno Lavoie escribió:
> Hello guys,
>
> Posted this msg on general & hackers list to get most accurate responses as
> possible...
>
> I plan to use PG with an OpenCRX project... but I read that there's some
> probs with PG and strings comparisons.... Is it true?
> Look at: http://www.opencrx.org/opencrx/1.11/pg.htm

I find it irritating that they put such comments and not allow the
Postgres people to comment.  Were we even asked about the reason for
that behavior?

Their 'installation book' also contains a couple of infelicities; namely
that they suggest using the "password" auth method (should be md5) and
that they enable the TCP/IP connection by using the "-o -i" params to
pg_ctl (should change postgresql.conf instead).

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
We take risks not to escape from life, but to prevent life escaping from us.