Re: [HACKERS] fulltext parser strange behave - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] fulltext parser strange behave
Date
List pgsql-patches
Am Montag, 19. November 2007 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Maybe, but "HTML-type" is an unhelpful description.  Isn't there a more
> general markup standard that subsumes both HTML and XML?  (I seem to
> recall that SGML might be that, but not sure.)

I think "XML tag" would actually cover anything that would be valid as an HTML
tag.  (As opposed to the fact that an XML document is not a superset of an
HTML document.)

SGML might be too broad.  It would require us to recognize "</>" and "<>" and
perhaps a few other odd things.

--
Peter Eisentraut