Re: Tom thinks it's bad code was 8.3 vs 8.2 sql compatibility issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Tom thinks it's bad code was 8.3 vs 8.2 sql compatibility issue
Date
List pgsql-general
Tony,

* Tony Caduto (tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com) wrote:
> You guys really should keep such kind words to yourself. Not sure how in
> the hell you can say its bad code when it is just a little piece. You don't
> even know what it does.

Erm, I'm pretty confident Tom knows exactly what it does.  It's not
exactly complicated and, really, it is *terrible*.  Additionally, you
wouldn't need the casts if you were doing it the way Tom suggested and
it'd be about a billion times cleaner and faster.  I would suggest you
read up on PostgreSQL arrays, how they work, and the operations
available on them, before attempting to do any more with them.

    Thanks,

        Stephen

Attachment