Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 12:04:51PM -0300, Diego Pires Plentz wrote:
> I'm trying to improve the support of hibernate to Postgre(and other
> databases), but I'm don't have *that* knowledge in database functions and
> behavior. I'm already done a couple of improvements, but I'm trying to map
> all your functions, for example, to allow our users to use most of database
> functions with HQL. And to do that we must do some changes.

Hi, I've never used Hibernate but it seems to be that table of
functions could be generated automatically.

A few other things:
- You map "text" to CLOB. Not exactly sure what CLOB refers to but text
column are not generally used for large objects. I mean, you can store
up to a GB in them, but most such columns are not going to be large.

- You have supportsRowValueConstructorSyntax commented out. It does, if
you have a recent enough version, or do you mean something else?

Have a nice day,