Re: Problems with PostgreSQL DBI-Link / DBD-ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Problems with PostgreSQL DBI-Link / DBD-ODBC
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 05:02:03PM +0100, Pit M. wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I'm sorry to bother you again, but I still couldn't get it to work.
> Like you suggested, I checked for successfully installed schemas.
> There was one, which I deleted again because I don't know which of
> my countless tries to create it was the successful one.

Any one that got created successfully in a transaction is the
successful one.

Please start over by doing the following from within psql.

BEGIN;
DROP SCHEMA test CASCADE;
DROP SCHEMA dbi_link CASCADE;
\i dbi_link.sql
COMMIT;

If you see COMMIT after that, you have successfully loaded the
DBI-Link software into that database.  If you don't, let me know what
you did get.

After that, do the following, editing the file and repeating until you
get a COMMIT at the end.

BEGIN;
\i test.sql
COMMIT;