Re: Argentina and advocacy (re: regional contacts) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Argentina and advocacy (re: regional contacts)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 11:12:56PM -0300, Guido Barosio wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I haven't seen any activity in Argentina, and I haven't seen the
> regional contact in open source events also.

I tried to get in touch with you for the Postgres presence at 7JRSL
<http://jornadas.grulic.org.ar/7/> but didn't get a response.

> I would love to take the flag, I've already made this public a year
> ago, and nothing has changed.  Even more, there has been none at all
> activity in our country.

I had about a dozen people ask me why there wasn't a Postgres booth
and telling me they'd volunteer for one over the course of the four
hours I was at the conference including the talk I gave.  I just wish
you'd been able to attend :)

> Sad :(
>
> My last advocacy act was at our CafeConf, the major open source
> event in Argentina, working on a SWOT analisys, comparing both
> PostgreSQL and MySQL.

Great to hear :)

> I will be presenting the engine at our national technical university
> facilities in La Plata city during the next days, and probably also
> in a southern city (Bariloche) during november.

Any chance you can get to pgcon.br <http://www.postgresql.org.br> in
São Paulo in December?

Cheers,
David.