Re: Argentina and advocacy (re: regional contacts) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Argentina and advocacy (re: regional contacts)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Guido Barosio wrote:
> Guys,
>
>    I haven't seen any activity in Argentina, and I haven't seen the
> regional contact in open source events also.
>
>    I would love to take the flag, I've already made this public a
> year ago, and nothing has changed. Even more, there has been none at
> all activity in our country.

Yeah, Christian Kuroki does not seem to be very active at the community
level.  In principle I support the idea of having Guido as a contact,
but I am not sure if the "press contact" thing is some sort of award.

I know that Christian used to answer email inquiries, at least.

> My last advocacy act was at our CafeConf, the major open source event
> in Argentina, working on a SWOT analisys, comparing both PostgreSQL
> and MySQL.
>
> I will be presenting the engine at our national technical university
> facilities in La Plata city during the next days, and probably also in
> a southern city (Bariloche) during november.

Hey!  That's close to me!  (I live in Valdivia, just a short bus ride
over the Andes)  Let me know, I would be delighted to be there and meet.