BUG #3706: ecpg regression: "MOVE FORWARD" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Scott Bailey
Subject BUG #3706: ecpg regression: "MOVE FORWARD"
Date
Re: BUG #3706: ecpg regression: "MOVE FORWARD"
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3706
Logged by:          Scott Bailey
Email address:      scott.bailey@eds.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3beta1
Operating system:   Tru64
Details:

The following statement:

exec sql MOVE FORWARD :RowMove IN Sniffer;

which worked correctly in 8.2.4 and previous versions, now fails to compile
in 8.3beta1; I receive the following error message:

ERROR: fetch/move count must not be a variable.

This sucks and I couldn't find anything about it in the TODO list or Release
Notes. Is this unintentional, or should I be recoding my program to use a
loop to move forward 1 row at a time?