Re: Could not remove file messages - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Mija Lee
Subject Re: Could not remove file messages
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi -

I just wanted to follow up on this. We've recently upgraded to 8.2.4. I still
get this message and the empty subdirectories with the later version of
postgres. I have seen the .nfs files temporarily in the subdirectories that
remain so I am sure that you are right about the cause, Tom.

Unless you know that this is being worked on for the next version of postgres, I
think I'll just write a script that removes empty subdirectories from the pgdata
dir that are more than a week old or so, unless you think this is a bad idea.

Mija