BUG #3625: pg_dump with -Ft (tar) option - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Brian Barlow
Subject BUG #3625: pg_dump with -Ft (tar) option
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3625
Logged by:          Brian Barlow
Email address:      barlow2@nc.rr.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.5
Operating system:   Windows (XP)
Details:

I have been using 8.1.9 and because of desupport I installed 8.2.5.

I use the following command in an application:
pg_dump -Ft -f ldas_master.tar -n ldas_master ldas_db

The command creates the archive file but when pg_restore is used the tables
and data are not created.

I then attempted to debug by running it on the command line and the message
returned :
pg_dump: [tar archiver] actual file length (20543) does not match expected
(20480)

I attempted to list the archive but received the following:  pg_dump: [tar
archiver] actual file length (20543) does not match expected (20480)

Again, I have not had any trouble with the 8.1.9 version
using the same commands to dump/restore to/from the archive file.