Re: Problem dropping table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: Problem dropping table
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 18 September 2007 10:30, Ken Logan <ken@i2rd.com> wrote:
> When we try to drop the table we get the error:
> ERROR:  "member_pkey" is an index

You have to remove the table from it's Slony set before you can drop it.
Slony does some hackish things to subscriber tables that make them
unusable for normal DDL operations.

Your master probably isn't too thrilled, either, since it probably
thinks the table is still in a set.

In any case, you'd probably have better luck with this on the Slony
list. I'm not at all sure your problem can be fixed without discarding
the slave, but someone there might know.

--
"Corruptissima republica, plurimae leges" (The more corrupt the state,
the more laws.) - Tacitus