Re: enum types and binary queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: enum types and binary queries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark escribió:

> I think it would be ok only if a pg_dump/pg_restore reliably restored the same
> oid->enum value mapping. Otherwise a binary dump is useless. But as I
> understand it that's the case currently, is it?

That doesn't work if the dump is restored on a database that already has
those OIDs used for another enum.  The easy workaround would be to
"rewrite" the data to use the new OID, but believe me, you don't want to
go down that route, lest madness await you at the end.

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"Uno puede defenderse de los ataques; contra los elogios se esta indefenso"