Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fal l 2007) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fal l 2007)
Date
Re: PostgreSQL.Org (was: PostgreSQL Conference Fal l 2007)  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy

A handfull of people at OSCON does not the community make.

> I appreciate that some maybe feel left out, but the notice was short and
> we wanted to get moving. It is not moving and it is a wondeful thing.
> Let's be happy that PostgreSQL is having another conference.

I am. What I object to is declaring this as a postgresql.org conference when it hasn't been generally agreed in an
appropriatecommunity forum (which would be -advocacy imho). Doing so effectively allows *anyone* to organise an event
andcall it 'official' - which I believe is definitely not something we want for a whole heap of reasons.

Regards, Dave