Re: msvc++ build of 8.2.4 and encodings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: msvc++ build of 8.2.4 and encodings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 09:49:03PM -0600, Charlie Savage wrote:
> Hmm.   Its postgresql 8.2.4 + tsearch2 + tree + postgis.  postgis in
> turn loads proj4 and geos.  I grepped through those 3 libraries source
> code and did not find any calls to setlocale.  So I don't think so.
>
> So now I'm confused - if I go back to my other cluster that I originally
> wrote about (created with the MSVC++ build also) and create a database
> it has a different lc_collate (English_United States.1252").  Could this
> be from the dump/reload?

Shouldn't be - it's set a initdb and not at reload. My guess would be that
you somehow missed the locale parameter on that initdb call - I don't
suppose you still have it in yuor commandline history? :_)

There should be zero difference in what initdb does, and I've never seen
anything like that other than when I missed some option to it.

//Magnus