Re: PG Seg Faults Performing a Query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PG Seg Faults Performing a Query
Date
List pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout escribió:

> That said, it would be nice if it returned an error instead of
> crashing.

In my opinion it isn't just a matter of "would be nice".  It is a
possible bug that should be investigated.

A look at a stack trace from the crashing process would be the first
place to start.  In order to do that, please set "ulimit -c unlimited"
and rerun the query under psql.  That should produce a core file.  Then
run
gdb psql core
and inside gdb, execute "bt".  Please send that output our way.