Re: more problems with the money type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: more problems with the money type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:32:42 -0400
"Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> while playing with the binary transport of the money type we found
> another bug.  The following code segfaults the server on 8.3cvs:
>
> select '3'::money * 2;

What does "SELECT 2 * '3'::money;" do?  If that works try changing "64"
to "32" in the function cash_mul_int4.  Let me know and I will commit
the fix as soon as I get CVS access again.

> aside: since the money type was deprecated, why was it bumped to 64 bits?

See the archives.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves