Re: PGError: input out of range - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: PGError: input out of range
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 03:21:02PM -0700, dustov wrote:

> My database just had this new error, and I have no idea why (because I
> haven't intentionally made any changes to this table).   Does anyone have an
> idea which input is out of range-- or what the problem might be?

The only thing in your query that I can imagine being out of range is
ACOS() which would need to be between -1 and 1 (otherwise the result
would be complex).

I'd try and see what the argument to the ACOS is, but it's probably
some corner case where the rounding is getting you.

Hope this helps,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment