Re: Performance check of my database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Decibel!
Subject Re: Performance check of my database
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Aug 12, 2007 at 05:40:26PM -0400, Harpreet Dhaliwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lately I completed the business logic of my application and all related
> database work.
>
> Now i need to check the performance of my database, how much load it can
> bear, perfomance to different queries and stored procedures.
>
> Basically i need to do the performance testing of my database and based on
> that I need to take a call whether i should go for clustering or not.
>
> Please let me know the best practices in postgres for such an activity.

Best bet is to write something that drives a fake workload though your
complete system; that way you can see exactly how everything in the
system will handle load.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org

Attachment