how to moce back in refcursor - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Christian Kindler
Subject how to moce back in refcursor
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi

I have never worked with cursors but for now I have to step back on special events to calculate a difference. So I have
thissample code tested but I can not "move" in my cursor. I have lokke at docs but this didn't help me. Can you say how
todeclare my cursor to step back?

Thank You
Chris

PS code sample
create table fimi.eodbar(fi_id int8, market_id int8);
insert into fimi.eodbar values(322,200);

create or replace function fimi.test("fiid" int8) returns setof int as
$BODY$
DECLARE cur1 REFCURSOR; foo int;

BEGIN OPEN cur1 FOR execute('select market_id from fimi.eodbar where fi_id=' || "fiid");
  loop   fetch cur1 into foo;
   if not found then      exit ;   else      -- move -1 in cur1;      fetch cur1 into foo;      return next foo;   end
if;   end loop;

close cur1;

END;
$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
ALTER FUNCTION fimi.getfoo(bpchar) OWNER TO fimi;

select * from fimi.test(322);
--
cu
Chris