Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From David Fetter
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date
Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 08:37:30PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
> > >
> > > We do. We check them for frequency of posting from a single
> > > company (so noone floods the news pages), relevancy and
> > > appropriateness. We don't check they are factually accurate, or
> > > try to second guess the intent of the companies posting them.
> > >
> > > And yes, I did approve that one - despite my employer it meets
> > > all our agreed acceptance criteria.
> >
> > Dave,
> >
> > I know you mean well, but in this case, you created, at best, the
> > appearance of a conflict of interest.  Next time, please ask
> > somebody not employed at EnterpriseDB to review such pieces.
>
> We don't have the manpower to insulate ourselves like this.  I apply
> EnterpriseDB patches, and have no intention of stopping.

The subject wasn't patches, so I'm calling straw man on this.  Face
it, Momjian, you don't hold the sway you used to, nor will you ever
again.  Back off.

Cheers,
David.
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate