Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
David Fetter wrote:
> > If people want to make 'no self approval of your or your companies
> > items' a new moderation rule, I have no problem with that.
>
> Good idea.  We have enough people and enough diversity that making
> this explicit in the moderation rules is reasonable. :)
>
> Speaking of which, I'd love to figure out a system whereby I can
> avoid (the appearance of) similar conflicts of interest in the
> PostgreSQL Weekly News, as I have been in a position to announce
> things I've done, are doing, etc., and have never felt comfortable
> about it.  I guess that's a subject for another thread, though.

Disagree.  We are not making policy over one person's suggestion here,
and taken to an extreem, this will slow us down, with zero cases of
conficts actually causing problems.  I would prefer people act
responsibly rather than add more rules.