Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Am Mittwoch, 8. August 2007 18:39 schrieb Derek Rodner:
> I am not saying we did not tell the truth and we absolutely did.  This is
> the first distribution for Postgres that is packaged in this fashion with a
> graphical installer and the like.  The title of that press release is
> accurate.

The title of the press release is "EnterpriseDB Announces First-Ever
Professional-Grade PostgreSQL Distribution for Linux".  Nothing in the entire
press release even mentions a "graphical" installer.

In at least one of the meanings "made for profit", "made by a professional",
or "exhibiting the technical standards of a profession", this is probably
a "professional" distribution, but not the first such.

--
Peter Eisentraut