Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: EnterpriseDB Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Am Mittwoch, 8. August 2007 17:44 schrieb Dave Page:
> Barring pgInstaller, it's the first bundled distribution I recall seeing
> available at no cost.

That was not the topic of the announcement, however.

> Thanks. The Windows build was written by me, using the same technology,
> and indeed much of our existing code from pgInstaller. Please detail
> what is unprofessional so I can fix both packages.

I mentioned my concerns in the blog entry.  The installer is actually pretty
neat, certainly newbie-friendly, and a lot better than the installer for
EnterpriseDB proper.  There is no reason given, however, that the
label "professional" is in any way warranted.  But I am aware that that was
not your idea anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut