Re: Suse RPM's - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge Godoy
Subject Re: Suse RPM's
Date
Re: Suse RPM's  (Reinhard Max <max@suse.de>)
List pgsql-general
On Friday 03 August 2007 10:04:27 Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Complain to Reinhard, he is CC'ed to this e-mail.
>
> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/postgresql/
>
> has only 8.2.0...
>
> BTW, I have promised to build SuSE RPMs some time ago; however Reinhard
> said that they will keep the packages up2date.
>
> Reinhard, if SuSE is busy and/or is not willing to keep the packages
> updated, I can also build SuSE RPMs for the community...
>
> Kind regards,

Having updated packages would be great!  Specially if they would be updated
for, e.g., OpenSuSE 10.1 and OpenSuSE 10.2 (both already released) and not
just for OpenSuSE 10.3 (still under "development").

Having packages for some of the older releases makes using both PostgreSQL and
OpenSuSE eaiser (for PostgreSQL it doesn't make much difference since we can
compile things by hand, but would definitely draw more attention to
OpenSuSE...  I had a few cases where it had to be handed down because of the
lack of updates -- not security related, of course -- to "older" releases).

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>