Re: Suse RPM's - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Reinhard Max
Subject Re: Suse RPM's
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 at 19:09, Jorge Godoy wrote:

> Having updated packages would be great! Specially if they would be
> updated for, e.g., OpenSuSE 10.1 and OpenSuSE 10.2 (both already
> released) and not just for OpenSuSE 10.3 (still under
> "development").

Yes, that's why I created the /pub/projects/postgresql directory on
ftp.suse.com, but I have to admit that I got a bit lazy in keeping it
up to date.

I've just built and uploaded the 8.2.4 package from to-be 10.3 for
10.2, 10.1/SLES10, 10.0, 9.3, and 9.1/SLES9:

ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/projects/postgresql/postgresql-8.2.4

My mid-term plan (for when the dust of 10.3 has settled) is to close
the /pub/projects/postgresql directory and offer these packages in the
openSUSE buildservice instead, so that others can participate and help
improving the packages and keeping them up to date.

cu
    Reinhard