Re: feature suggestion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: feature suggestion
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rafael Azevedo wrote:
> People,
>
> I'd like to suggest you guys to implement a new feature.
> Actually is an alias for a existent feature.
>
> Unstead of having to type all the insert syntax, using ("column") names, you
> could do the same as MySQL does.
> for example:
>
> INSERT INTO Table SET
> "Field1" = 'text',
> "Field2" = 'text';
>
> So it would make it easier and faster to develop applications using Postgre.

There is an SQL standard way to do this and we have no intention of
extending that.  If you want standard code, use the standard syntax.
MySQL, if it supports this, is just encouraging you to write
non-standard SQL.  You can complain to them.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com