Re: [PERFORM] Parrallel query execution for UNION ALL Queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Parrallel query execution for UNION ALL Queries
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Le mercredi 18 juillet 2007, Jonah H. Harris a écrit :
> On 7/18/07, Benjamin Arai <me@benjaminarai.com> wrote:
> > But I want to parrallelize searches if possible to reduce
> > the perofrmance loss of having multiple tables.
>
> PostgreSQL does not support parallel query.  Parallel query on top of
> PostgreSQL is provided by ExtenDB and PGPool-II.

Seems to me that :
 - GreenPlum provides some commercial parallel query engine on top of
   PostgreSQL,

 - plproxy could be a solution to the given problem.
   https://developer.skype.com/SkypeGarage/DbProjects/PlProxy

Hope this helps,
--
dim